Path: Smart Toolbar > Chart button > Encounters tab or Well Visits tab > Open Note > Assess/Plan tab > Medication tab
Add a Medication
- Click the Med tab.
- Recent and ongoing medications are listed.
- Enter part of the medication name in the entry field and press the Enter button or click the Ellipse button to view all favorites and search.
- The Confirm window displays.
|Note: Window displays only when a diagnosis code has been selected for the encounter note.|
- The Medication Finder window displays.
- Double-click to select a medication from the list or highlight the medication and click OK.
- The Complete Prescription window displays.
- Enter in the Diagnosis is applicable, SIG, Days supply, Dispense amount, Refill amount, Select Dispense as written if applicable and Include in chronic medication list if applicable.
- Click the Send button to save and e-Prescribe or click the Print button to save and print the prescription or click the Save button and return to the prescription tab.
- The added prescription displays under the Recent Prescriptions section.
- If the prescription was not previously printed or sent electronically, highlight the medication and click the Do Now button.
- The Medication List displays with the medication checked to process.
- Click the Print or Send button.