Please note the following prior to migrating your server:
If support is NOT notified two weeks prior to the migration, these items below can and will likely occur:
Warning: Before performing a server migration, please contact support two weeks prior to the migration so that support may coordinate any services that may need to be installed on the new server.
- Before the day of the the scheduled migration, Contact Customer Support to have them install all the required software onto the new server. Support will also provide you with a new OPSETUP.ini file to use for the existing workstations.
- On the day of the scheduled migration, stop all of the OP Services including any of the following:
- Firebird Server on the old and new server
- OP IIS Service
- OP Msg Service
- OP Prescriptions
- OP Backup Service
- OP HL7
- OP Quest Hub
- OP Labinterface
- Fully shut down OP. Ensure all users are logged out during the migration. Users can only log back into their workstations after the workstations are mapped to the new server.
- Copy the gdb_common folder FROM the old server TO the new server.
- Rename the gdb_common folder on the old server to gdb_common_old and unshare it.
- Copy the gdbmed folder FROM the old server TO the new server. Within the folder we only need to copy three dbd files: medical, docimage, and opdocs.
- Rename the gdbmed folder on the old server to gdbmed_old.
- Renaming the old files will ensure that no workstation is accidentally pointing to the old server.
- Share the gdb_common folder on the new server and give Full Access rights to the gdb_common shared folder.
- Start the Firebird Service on the new server.
- You will now need to re-map the gdb_common on all workstations and replace the opsetup.ini file inside the root OP folder with the new file provided by Support.
- Launch OP and verify proper connectivity. Check the schedule tab and bring up several appointments to verify your data migrated correctly.
- You should now install the OP Backup program and adjust any existing backup schedules to reflect the changes you made on the new server.
- Map all workstations to the new server. While at each workstation, check the opsetup.ini file. Verify that all the lines in the opsetup.ini file have the NetPath pointing to the new server. If the IP and mapped drive names have not changed, then no other updates should be necessary.
Note: Contact support to have the necessary services, such as e-Prescribing, Lab Interface, and proper Clearinghouse agents installed.