Previously known as Meaningful Use Stage 3, CMS renamed the EHR Incentive Programs to Promoting Interoperability in April 2018. The program has evolved over time as providers have adopted EHRs and is focused on interoperability across EHRs and improving patient access to health information, hence the name Promoting Interoperability.
At time of attestation you will need a screenshot of the QIC and a download of the SQL to a CSV file. All information should be saved to your "Book of Evidence". This can be an electronic folder of all documentation for the reporting period.
Objective 3: Clinical Decision Support
Objective 3 includes two measures a practice must attest were implemented and enabled during the reporting period.
- Implemented five Clinical Decision Support interventions and enabled drug-drug and drug-allergy interaction checking during the reporting period. There is no threshold to meet with this objective.
Measure 1: Implement Five CDS Interventions
- Interventions must be implemented for the entire reporting period.
- Interventions are related to four or more clinical quality measures (CQMs).
- If unable to use four CQMs the interventions must be related to high-priority health conditions.
Goals of CDS’s
- Gather and present clinical and other relevant data needed for clinical decision making.
- Detect potential safety and quality problems and help prevent them.
- Foster the greater use of evidence-based medicine principles and guidelines.
- Safeguard against inappropriate utilization of services, medications, and supplies.
- Organize, optimize and help operationalize the details of a plan of care.
|In OP, Clinical Decision Support Interventions can be accomplished through the use of Care Plans. For information on how to identify and a step-wise approach to Care plans, click here. For information on how to create a Care Plan, click here. Also, for each attestation period you will need a screen capture of the Care Plan including how staff receives prompts for clinical decision making from a patient chart. The information will be kept in your Book of Evidence.|
Measure 2: Drug-Drug and Drug -Allergy Interaction Checking
- Must be available and enabled during reporting period.
|Exclusion: Less than 100 medications written during the reporting period.|
|The above is the setting for OP. If you have allowed providers to change the preference, each provider will need to open the Medication Finder and check the boxes for Med/Med and Med/Allergy and save the Preference. Objectives and Measures that are attest require a practice to show evidence of implementation. It is suggested for each attestation year you keep a Book of Evidence. You need to screen capture the information including the date within the year reporting.|