Patient Generated Health Data is a feature which can be turned on in the OP Practice Portal. Below you will find instruction on how this feature is turned on and the workflow to update the patient record in OP.
Enable Patient Updates
- Log in to the Practice Portal.
- Navigate to User Administration > Staff Members. Select the user in the staff member list.
- Locate the Permissions section and select the two permissions necessary to use this feature.
- Expand Patient Administration and click the Patient Updates checkbox.
- Expand Patient Interface and click the Editable Patient Data checkbox.
- Log off the Practice Portal then log back in to view the Editable Patient Data section.
- Navigate to Portal Management > Patient Interface.
- Locate the Editable Patient Data section and toggle on Demographics and Social History.
- Click the Save button.
Update Patient Demographics and/or History
Information may be updated on the Patient Portal for demographics or history. Request are made by the parent/guardian/patient to change information and it is the responsibility of the practice to modify OP and accept or deny the request on the Practice Portal.
- Log in to OP and select the Unread Portal tab in the Message Center.
- In Scope section, select $AD from the staff drop-down list.
- Select a message with the Subject of:
- Patient Medical History Update
- Patient Social History Update
- Patient Family History Update
- Patient Demographics Update
- Navigate to the areas of the patient chart and make the requested changes.
Note: All changes must be made in OP to update the patient record on the Practice Portal.
Accept/Deny Updates on the Practice Portal
- Log in to the Practice Portal and select Updates in Filter by: in Manage My Patients section of the Dashboard.
- (Optional) Modify the date range to locate the patient(s) requesting demographic or clinical updates.
- Click a patient in the list to display the Patient Account page.
- Click the Patient Updates tab to view the requests.
- Select the appropriate button to Accept or Reject updates.
- Reject Updates/Reject Selected Updates: Message displays, click the OK to reject the changes or Cancel.
- Accept Updates/Reject Selected Updates: Message displays, click OK to accept the changes or Cancel.
Note: You must accept or reject the updates to update the record appropriately on the Patient Portal.