Note: OP Cloud does not allow an ODBC connection setup.
The article outlines how to set up an ODBC connection to an Office Practicum Database.
- Download the most recent ODBC connector form the following Website (32 or 64-bit): https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/odbc-driver/.
- Install the ODBC driver (for example, Firebird_ODBC_22.214.171.124_win32.exe) - default install.
- Go to Administrative Tools and open the ODBC Manager "Data Sources (ODBC)".
- Create a System DSN (Click the Add button).
- Choose Firebird/Interbase driver and click the Finish button.
- Configure the settings according to those in the following screen capture:
- DSN: Specify the name for the DSN. The DSN is the name you use to access the database from any ODBC source (such as MS Access).
- Driver: IscDbc (always).
- Description: Description to identify your connection, if you have multiple connections (optional).
- Database: <servername>:<local path to OP database> (use localhost if you install ODBC on the same machine as the OP database).
- Client: C:\Windows\System32\gds32.dll (if you have OP installed and on a 32bit machine).
Note: If you are using a 64bit machine you need to install the 64bit Firebird client and set the Client dll to: c:\windows\system32\fbclient.dll (64bit dll).
- DB account: Read_only (use this read-only account to avoid data loss). The password will be created by OP.
- Test the connection before you save the connection by pressing the OK button.
You can now use the ODBC connection with all ODBC enabled applications.
Note: If you need Office Practicum Support to configure the ODBC connection, charges will apply.