This content is part of the OP Notify Training Program.
Setting up OP Notify requires the creation of a Generic Provider and Events associated with this provider. The Generic Provider is used for appointment reminders the Practice has scheduled for non-provider staff (such as Nurse, Flu Clinic, or Lactation). The instructions below explain how to set up the available delivery methods and provide examples of how to format the reminder messages using a Generic Provider.
- Access OP Notify using the email address and password set up when you activated your account.
- Confirm you are on the correct Practice site that is displayed in the practice dropdown on the top Patient Portal bar.
- On the left panel click the arrow to expand the PatientNOTIFY group.
- Click Events.
- Click the New button and select Reminder.
- The Events page appears. Enter the name of the event in the Event Name field.
Tip: It is best practice is to include the delivery method in the beginning of the Event name for example: Email Appointment Reminders Generic Provider.
- (Optional) Further describe the event in the Description field.
- Event Population defaults to All Facilities, to change, click the drop-down and select from the list.
- Click Expand All and select the checkbox for locations and the visit type(s) to included in the Event.
- Specify the Practice Generic Provider to be included in the event from the Include Provider field. To select the Generic Provider:
- Click the Expand button.
- Deselect all providers by selecting the checkbox next to the practice name.
- Locate and select the Practice Generic Provider.
- Enter the Event Duration start and end dates. If the End Date is blank, the event will be continuous.
- Select a radio button in the Upcoming Appointment Reminders section. You can only choose one radio button option, multiple events must be created if the practice wishes to send a reminder for both days and hours prior to an appointment for the same delivery method.
- Set the number of days/hours for the radio button you selected.
- To set the number of days prior to an appointment, enter a numeric value in the Send a reminder days prior to appointment field.
- To set the number of hours prior to an appointment, enter a numeric value in the Send a same day reminder hours prior to appointment field.
- Click the + to expand Advanced Settings.
- Confirm the days of the week selected for Event Delivery Days.
Tip: It is best practice to select all Event Delivery Days. This was set by the OP Notify Administrator. To exclude a day uncheck the checkbox.
- (Optional) Confirm the settings for Notification Cap. Click the Ignore Notification Cap checkbox if the event will not follow the notification cap rules.
- (Optional) Click the checkbox, Notify on earliest appointment only, to send a reminder for the first occurrence of an appointment that occurs on the same day for a patient.
Note: If the practice uses Consolidated messages, this setting takes priority over the "Notify on earliest appointment only" checkbox.
- Click the Next button.
The table below lists the types of events for appointment reminders. Click the link for detailed information on the desired event.
|Email Reminder Event||Instruction specific to the delivery method for Generic Provider appointment reminders by email.|
|Call Reminder Event||Instruction specific to the delivery method for Generic Provider appointment reminders by phone call.|
|Mail Reminder Event||The Mail event is not available as a delivery method with OP Notify.|
|Text Reminder Event||Instruction specific to the delivery method for Generic Provider appointment reminders by a text message.|
|Call or Text Reminder Event||Instruction specific to the delivery method for Generic Provider appointment reminders using a phone call or text message. The delivery method is determined based on the Priority field in this event.|
OP Notify was implemented in Version 14.9.