This content is part of the OP Notify Training Program.
After creating the On Demand Notification Event, you're taken to the Delivery Rule tab of the Event where you'll select the Delivery Method for the Notification. Below, you'll learn how to complete the Delivery Rule when you select Text as the Delivery Method. After completing those details, you'll proceed to create the Individual Text Message.
Text Delivery Rule
Complete the following information in the Delivery Rule tab of the On Demand Notification Event.
- Toggle the Active slide to ON. For On Demand Notification Events, it is Best Practice to set this to ON because these are typically sent immediately after they are created.
- Click the Method drop-down and select Text.
- Click the Next button to proceed to the Text information page.
Complete the following information in the Text tab of the On Demand Notification Event. Note that Consolidated Text Messages are not available for On-Demand Events like they are for Appointment Reminder Events.
- In the Text field, type the message for the On Demand Text Message. Use tokens in the Text field to personalize the message. To use a token:
- Click in the Message where you want to enter a personalized item, such as the patient's first name.
- Click the Insert Token drop-down.
- Select the token item you want to insert into the message.
- (Optional) Click the Add Opt Out Disclaimer button. This allows the recipient to send a response that will opt them out of the Text Message Reminders. Acceptable responses for successful opt-out are "Stop" or "Detener". If the patient wants to resume receiving reminders, you can reactivate them by following the steps in Reactivate Notifications for a Patient Who Has Opted-Out.
- (Optional) Enable the Message to be delivered in Spanish. This requires that the Language selected in OP for the Family Contact be set to Spanish. If no Language is selected, the message will defer to the patient's language, as set in their Basic Information. An English message must be created before entering a Spanish message.
- Click the Spanish tab.
- Toggle the Active slide to On.
- Manually enter the Spanish translation.
- (Optional) Send a Test Text for the language tab you're on, either English or Spanish.
- In the Enter Phone Number field, enter a phone number where you want to receive the Test Text.
- Click the Text button.
- Click the Send button.
|WARNING: This information is intended only for clients currently in the implementation or production phase with OP Notify functionality.|
|The On Demand Notification Event must be created before creating the Text event.|
The Event page is followed by the Delivery Rule page and the Text page (when Text is selected as the delivery method). After the Event page has been completed and the Next button has been selected, the Delivery Rule page appears. You will select your notification method as text settings on the Delivery Rule page. Once the Delivery Rules are complete and the Next button has been selected, the Text page appears. You will create your text message on the text page.
Text Delivery Rule
After the Delivery Rule page appears, complete the Delivery Rule information:
- Verify the Active slide is set to ON. It is best practice to set Active to ON because On Demand messages are typically sent immediately after they are created.
- Click the dropdown arrow for Method and select Text.
- Click the Next button to proceed to the Call information page.
After the Text page appears, create the text message:
- Type the message for the appointment notification in the Text field. This field will be the text sent to the patient. Use tokens in the Text field to personalize the message. To use a token:
- Locate the area of your message where you want to enter a personalized item (example a patient's first name) and place your cursor. The cursor location will indicate where the token will be placed in the message.
- Select the Insert Token dropdown.
- Select the token item that you want to enter into the message.
- (Option) Click the Add Opt Out Disclaimer button. This will allow a patient to opt out of the text message notification. However, if the patient wants to be added back to the notification, see Adding a Patient to the Notification Message after the Patient Opts Out below.
- (Option) Send a test text:
- Enter a phone number to view an example of the message in the Enter Phone Number field. This phone number can be your number or a staff cell phone number.
- Click the Test button. The message will be sent.
- Click the Save button when complete.
Adding a Patient to the Notification Message after the Patient Opts Out
If a patient wants to receive notifications after opting out of a notification message, the patient will need to contact the practice. The office would then need to return the patient to the notification recipients list:
- Select Patient Administration.
- Search for and select the Patient.
- Select Notifications.
- In the Campaign Type field look for the notification where the patient opted out.
- You will see an X in the text column for the notification where the patient opted out. Click the X and place a checkmark under Text for the desired notification.
- Click the Save button.
OP Notify was implemented in Version 14.9.