Appointment Request - Administration
The Appointment Request Application gives users the ability to request an appointment for the current patient. This Application does NOT provide online scheduling, but it instead sends a message to a preferred provider as a message in Office Practicum, requesting that they set aside time on a particular day to see the patient.
Portal Users can choose from the preferred week, day, time-of-day, and their preferred care provider. The can also leave a callback message and best time to call.
To administrate this application, click the and select "Preferences" from the dropdown list. You will be able to choose from the following options:
- Select the staff members that will receive messages submitted via this portlet - Staff members selected in this list will be the ones receiving appointment requests in the Office Practicum message center.
- Specify the options that affect what the users will see when they use this portlet - The administrator uses these fields to configure the specific times that can be requested for appointments:
- Weeks into the Future - Type a number of weeks, and this option will fill the combo-box on the main form with the dates of those weeks in the future.
- Days of week - Fill in the days of the week you wish to make available for appointments, separating each day with a comma. This will make these days available as options in the corresponding combo-box.
- Times of Day - Fill in the times of day you wish to make available for appointments, separating them each with a comma. This will make these times available as options in the corresponding combo-box.
- Callback Time / Preferred Provider - These options can be turned off, disallowing the user to add this data to their request.
- Specify the staff members that users will be able to choose as their preferred provider - If using a preferred provider, only staff members checked off in this list will appear in the combo-box.