Update Contact Information - Application Usage
The user accessing this form is greeted with a layout somewhat similar to the Register Family Application that they may have used to sign their family up for the practice. A lot of the fields on this form are exactly the same as their Family Register counterparts, but there are some minor differences.
- Personal Information - The user can change their full name, employer and occupation in this area.
- Your Phone Numbers - This section contains the user's Work, Cell, and Fax numbers, along with any necessary extensions or carrier information. Note that the Home phone number is not part of this section because it's part of the household's information, allowing it to be passed along into other Contacts' and Patients' household information.
- How Should We Reach You? - These fields are set by the user to indicate how they would like to receive messages about various subjects. As of this version of the patient portal, these fields do not have any functionality in Office Practicum, but they are in place in preparation for features in future versions.
- Household Information - these fields are for entering Home Phone, Address, and City/State/Zip for a home address.
- You can update the address and home phone of these Contacts to match yours - Checking off any of these boxes will append the information listed in the above Household Information to other practice Contacts that this account is linked to.
- You can update the address and home phone of these Patients to match yours - Checking off any of these boxes will append the information listed in the above Household Information to other practice Patients that this account is linked to.
Running this application in Interface Mode
For portal customers who are running an interface that connects to other practice management or record-keeping software, the Update Contact Information application will automatically switch to Interface Mode, which gives the user a tabular list of their contact information, rather than the regular update form. When running in this mode, the only information the user can change are the methods of preferred contact. This mode exists to prevent data records from becoming desynchronized between Office Practicum and your other applications.