The content in this article is relevant to the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
We are aware Secure Messaging between OP 20 and the InteliChart Patient Portal is not functioning as expected. This is a critical issue and we are working hard to resolve it. While we continue to work on this functionality, you can follow the instructions below as an alternative workflow to exchange Secure Messages with patients directly from the InteliChart Patient Portal.
Note: Messages sent by your practice from the Intelichart Practice Portal will not be pulled into OP 20 and therefore will not be a part of the patient’s permanent medical record within the EHR. A suggested best practice would be to copy/paste any message you send from the Intelichart Practice Portal into OP 20.
In order to see Messages in the Practice Portal, each individual who handles messages for the practice needs to have permission to do so. This permission must be given by the Practice Administrator.
Log into the Practice Portal
- Navigate to your Practice Portal URL.
- Enter your Administrator login/password to log in to the Practice Portal.
- Select a Practice from the drop-down menu located at the top of the window (optional, only required to switch to a different practice).
Assign Message Permission to Individual Users
- Click User Administration in the navigation panel.
- Click Providers or Staff Members to access the lists of users who needs to see Messages in their Practice Portal.
- From the Provider or Staff Member list, select the Provider or Staff Member to view their record.
- Scroll down to the Permissions box, and select the checkbox for Messaging. The user can now access Messages in the Practice Portal.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for all users who handle messages in the practice.