At this time, while clinical data is being transferred from OP to InteliChart, parents may experience an unexpected number of notifications for items such as medication updates. This setting may be turned off by navigating to the OP Practice Portal > Portal Management > Patient Interface > Manage Setup and turning off Allow Patient Configured Notifications. Note: This will also disable the sending of new appointment notifications.
Follow the instructions below once you have received the welcome email.
- Click the link in the email to activate your account. The Activate your account window is displayed.
- Enter a password in the Password field.
- Re-enter the Password in the Confirm Password field.
- Select a Security Question from the drop-down menu and enter the Answer.
- Click the Activate Account button.
You can then log into your account:
- Click the Log into Practice Portal button on the Account activated window.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click the Login button. The Practice Portal Dashboard is displayed.
- Select a Practice from the drop-down menu (optional, only required to switch to a different practice).
If a parent feels strongly about not wanting to enroll for the portal, you can do the following:
- Discuss as a practice team where this should be noted in the patient chart (such as in Misc. Notes), and enter the appropriate note in OP.
- Navigate to the patient's record in the Practice Portal.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu, and select Data Sharing.
- Select the radio button for Full Opt Out. This removes the option to register the patient from the Appointment List in the Dashboard and indicates that the patient has chosen to opt out in their portal record.
If the parent later chooses to enroll for the portal, this setting can be changed by navigating back to Data Sharing in the patient's portal records and selecting the Full Opt In radio button.
When registering a patient from the Practice Portal, you can generate a PIN for additional children or siblings. Follow the steps below after sending the PIN for one child. Sending the PIN for one child ensures that the parent receives an email communication with the Patient Portal link as well as the PIN for the first child.
- Navigate to the patient's portal account by either clicking their name in the Appointment List or by searching for them in Patient Administration.
- Click the Register button (from the Appointment List), or the Register Patient link (in the Account Settings section of the patient's portal account). The Patient Registration window opens.
- Ensure that the radio button to Register Patient with PIN is selected.
- Do not enter an email address.
- Select the Do Not Send PIN radio button.
- Click the Print PIN button or write down the PIN for the parent.
The parent can now log into the OP Patient Portal using their email address and password they established when creating their account for the first child. They can then click My Account in the upper right-hand corner of the window and select Add Child/Dependent.
If your Practice already uses OP Notify, you will not receive another login for the OP Practice Portal. The platform for Notify and the Portal is the same (Intelichart), so the same login is used. The change you will see is that the Portal features are now visible, as they would not have been with only Notify.
The Web-Based times are the times that the parent/guardian/patient will see while on the Patient Portal from a computer. The Mobile App times are the times the practice chooses to allow appointment requests to be made from the Patient Portal app on a mobile device.
Medication refill requests can only be made for medications visible on the Patient Portal. If a medication is set to Clinical Staff Only or higher, it is not available for the parent to see or request a refill. In addition, the client can turn off the Portal Feature for "Allow Med Refill Requests". This will prohibit the link to appear on any Patient Portal account.
Message Groups do not populate from Departments in OP. There are standard Message Groups that are configured with every Practice Portal. These groups can be deleted or modified to meet the needs of the practice. Please be aware that Message Groups are attached to Categories. If a client wishes to change the name, they also need to confirm they are changing associating it to the proper category. A Message Group may only have 1 associated category. If a practice chooses more than 1 Category, the messages will not be sent. At this time the only types of messages that can be sent from the Patient Portal are: Messages, Appointment Requests, Medication Refill Requests and Referral Requests.
The Appointment List is pulled from the Schedule in OP. The filters at the top of the list can be used to isolate to a specific Provider or Location.
InteliChart has a free app that can be downloaded on a mobile device. Simply search for InteliChart in the App store, and download "Patient PORTAL by InteliChart". This app is only for the OP Patient Portal. There is no app version of the Practice Portal (admin side).
Warning: InteliChart does not support Safari for the OP Practice Portal (admin side). It is supported, however, for the OP Patient Portal (parent side).
Operating System Requirements
- Any version - Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
- Apple OSX 10.7 "Lion" or higher
Internet Browser Requirements
- Microsoft Edge & Internet Explorer 11 & 10
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Speed: at least 10 mbps
- Resolution: 1280 X 1024 or higher
- Mobile App:
- Android version 5.0 Lollipop and up
- IOS version 10 and up
We're recommending that the old portal keeps running in the background until all the functionality is included in the new OP Patient Portal.
More information on closing the old portal will be delivered in January. All old portals must be closed by January 14.
Requests are driven by Message Groups. There are a series of Message Groups created by default. The Practice Admin role group permission has the capability to enable these Message Groups and associate staff members who will handle those requests. Turning the feature ON and OFF (to manage whether the feature is visible to the patient/parent) should be done from the Portal Management > Patient Interface page.
Yes, nurses or other staff can triage messages from the portal and then forward the message to a provider, if necessary. The provider can then respond to the portal message as long as he/she is listed as a provider in the Practice Portal.
Once self-scheduling is made available, selecting the checkbox to Show Photo on Patient Portal will display the provider's photo when a patient self-schedules an appointment with the provider.
All active Appointment Types in OP populate under Portal Management > Patient Interface > Scheduling. If a practice adds additional Appointment Types in OP, they will flow into this table on the Practice Portal. If the practice wishes to make a new Appointment Type visible for requesting an appointment, they will need to select the checkboxes for Generic Calendar, Mobile, and Show appt in Patient Portal.
Note: The content below is only applicable to clients who are using OP version 20 or higher and who are using the new OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
Yes. Multiple PINs can be generated at the same time for patients who share the same Family Contact by using the Create/Validate Portal Account button located in the Family Contacts section of the patient chart and in the Add/Edit Appointment window. For information on the complete workflow, click here.
If, instead of completing a Merge Match for a self-registration, a PIN is sent to the parent/guardian, a duplicate account will be created in the OP Practice Portal. To remove the duplicate (that does not produce a Merge Match), simply navigate to the account page for the record with the Self-Registered status. Then, in the Account Settings section of the window, click the Disable button.
When adding a provider, what is the difference between Full Access and Practice Only under Data Sharing?
Full Access means that data can be shared among all practices when the Enterprise has multiple practices. Practice Only sets the patient data to be shared with the single practice only.
For clients who are using OP 20 (or higher) and the InteliChart OP Patient Portal, the Easy Button is programmed to route to the InteliChart Registration window for PIN generation.
For clients who are using OP 20 (or higher), but are not using the InteliChart OP Patient Portal, the Easy Button is programmed to route to the Legacy OP Patient Portal.
The best way to generate a PIN when a parent is on the phone is to start the PIN generation from the OP Practice Portal. This will generate a Welcome email to the parent. The Easy Button in OP does not generate an email to the parent.
In some cases, the staff that receives a new appointment request from the OP Patient Portal may differ from the staff that should be notified of a patient's new insurance. To choose the Message Group that should receive the insurance update, navigate to OP Practice Portal > Portal Management > Patient Interface > Scheduling. In the Scheduling Settings section of the window, select the appropriate Message group from the drop-down menu.
Roles can be copied so that individual permissions can be added or taken away. To copy a Role, navigate to OP Practice Portal > User Administration > Roles. Then, complete the following:
- Select the Role that will be copied.
- Click the Duplicate Role button located in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- Give the new Role a Name and Description in the appropriate fields.
- Select or deselect the permissions that are applicable to the new Role.
- Review the members of the new Role.
- If a member is listed that should not be carried over to the new Role, click the Remove button. To remove more than one member at a time, select the checkbox to the left of each member's name, and select Remove from the Action drop-down menu.
- To add a member that is not already listed in the new Role, search for and select them using the Add User search field.
- Click the Save button to save the new Role.
Yes, patients who were using the former OP Patient Portal will need to be registered for the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart. More information on the flow of clinical data can be found here.
Yes. Custom Message Groups can be created on the OP Practice Portal by navigating to User Administration > Message Groups. Clicking Add New Message Group will allow the Administrator to create the new group with the Name, Description, Portal Users, Location and Category. Once created, the message will be driven by the Name, Location and Category assigned.
When a parent self-registers, will he/she receive a notification when the child has been authenticated?
There is no notification made after a parent self-registers and the practice authenticates the child. The parent has to log in and check to see if their child appears. Note: This does not happen immediately.
As an alternative, after the patient is authenticated, the practice can send a message from OP to the patient on the portal. That will push a notification to the parent (as long as the notification of a new message is enabled).
Patients that are 18 or older will create their own Patient Portal account. In order for a parent to have access to the record, the practice would need to give the parent Proxy access. For more information on granting Proxy access, click here.
When 2 different Roles are applied to a user, the portal will apply the Role with the lesser permissions. However, you can apply the Role with the lesser permissions and add additional permissions needed by accessing the permissions in the staff member's account.
In order to edit System Page Templates, a copy of the template must be made. This will create a Practice version of the template which is editable. After all edits are completed in the Practice template, it should be activated by selecting the Default checkbox.
If a parent selects On behalf of: Myself when composing a message, the message will fail. This is due to the lack of patient ID for the parent in OP. They must choose the patient for whom the message applies.
The practice can turn off the option to Allow Self Registered Person to Send Message to avoid having the parent listed in the On behalf of drop-down menu. This option is located in Portal Management > Patient Interface > Allow Ability to Send Message > Allow Self Registered Person to Send Message.
The following practice staff must be added to the OP Practice Portal:
- Providers with whom appointments are scheduled
- Staff/providers that are responsible for issuing PINs for parents/guardians to register for portal accounts
- Staff/providers that expect to send or directly receive messages or requests from the OP Patient Portal
- Staff/providers that will generate a CDA from OP
Below are instruction on how to enable growth charts for parents/guardians/patients to view on the Patient Portal.
- Navigate to: Main Navigation Panel > Portal Management > Patient Interface > Manage Setup > Portal Features.
- Toggle Show Growth Chart to the ON position in the Active column.
- Navigate to Patient Administration and click the Account button.
- Enter a search criteria for the patient.
- Click the Search button.
- Select the patient and click the Reset Password link in the Account Settings section. This sends an email to the "Login email" with a link to reset it.
You cannot merge duplicate accounts. You need to keep one and disable the other one. To disable one of the accounts, navigate to the account and click the Disable link in the Account Settings section.
A patient's status (set in the Demographics of the patient chart) determines whether or not the patient will appear in InteliChart to be registered for the OP Patient Portal. Below is a list of the patient statuses that are sent to InteliChart. If a patient is not displayed in InteliChart due to their patient status, the status may be updated to one listed below.
- In Collection
- All practice created Patient Statuses
Patients with one of the following statuses are excluded from being sent to InteliChart:
- Call Coverage
- Waiting List