The content in this article is relevant to the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
We are aware Secure Messaging between OP 20 and the InteliChart Patient Portal is not functioning as expected. This is a critical issue and we are working hard to resolve it. While we continue to work on this functionality, you can follow the instructions below as an alternative workflow to exchange Secure Messages with patients directly from the InteliChart Patient Portal.
Note: Messages sent by your practice from the Intelichart Practice Portal will not be pulled into OP 20 and therefore will not be a part of the patient’s permanent medical record within the EHR. A suggested best practice would be to copy/paste any message you send from the Intelichart Practice Portal into OP 20.
Log into the Practice Portal
- Navigate to your Practice Portal URL.
- Enter your Administrator login/password to log in to the Practice Portal.
- Select a Practice from the drop-down menu located at the top of the window (optional, only required to switch to a different practice).
Reply to Messages from the Dashboard
The My Unread Messages section of the Dashboard displays the most recent messages you have received. The messages in this section are based upon the message groups to which you are assigned.
- Click a message in My Unread Messages panel. The Messages window opens.
- To reply to the message, click the Reply button. The Compose New Message window displays.
- Type the response to the message.
|If you selected the message and will not be replying, click the Mark as Unread button. This will allow the message to remain on the Dashboard for other staff to respond.|
- The Message is Clinically Relevant checkbox is selected. Uncheck if not clinically relevant.
- Click the Send button. Message must be saved to the patient record in OP, follow the steps below.
Copy/Paste InteliChart Message to OP
- Once the message is sent successfully, click Sent Items.
- Highlight the content of the message.
- Right-click and select Copy or Ctrl + C.
- Go to OP and select Patient Chart and search for the patient.
- Navigate to Messages and click New Message.
- Select the No one checkbox.
- Enter a subject in the Subject field.
- Paste the patient message in the Message field.
- Right-click and select Paste or Ctrl + V.
- Click the Save button.
Note: You can also manage messages from Messages on the Navigation panel.