When a practice wishes to have labs visible for the parent/guardian/patient on the Patient Portal, the Show Labs Page / Widget must be set to the ON position in Portal Management > Patient Interface > Manage Setup > Portal Features.
Requirements in OP
- Tests and result components, created in Diagnostic Tests, must contain a LOINC code.
- Tests that are in a Lab category will display in the Labs section on the Practice and Patient Portal.
- Tests that are in the Imaging category and have an associated note, will display in the Labs section on the Practice and Patient Portal.
- Tests that are in the Procedure or Screen category will not display in the Labs section on the Practice and Patient Portal. These tests will be visible in the Procedure section when viewing the visit details or generating a CCDA.
- Test will be sent to the Practice and Patient Portal when the following occurs:
- The test(s) are marked with a status of Informed or Complete.
- If charting a visit, it is recommended that the order(s) and task is complete prior to the visit note being finalized. This will make certain the order is linked to the appropriate visit note.
- The visit note is finalized and contains the following: Rendering Provider, a practice location and has no restriction on privacy.
- The test(s) are ordered and can be associated to a visit note that has not been finalized.
Warning: If any of the above requirements are not met, the lab test(s) will not be sent to the Practice and Patient Portals. In addition, any lab requisition created and resulted, after the visit note is finalized or outside of a visit, will be associated to the closest unfinalized note. When the visit note is finalized the test(s) and result(s) will be displayed on this visit notes details and CCDA.