A parent or patient has the ability to manage how they would like to receive notifications in the OP Patient Portal. These notifications are for appointment reminders, cancel and reschedule appointment requests, new medications, and new messages. The types of notifications a parent/patient can receive is set on the Practice Portal. To review the types of notifications a parent/patient can receive navigate to:
- Portal Management > Patient Interface > Manage Setup
- Expand Allow Patient Configured Notification and review which notification are set to ON. These will be the notifications a parent/patient can received.
Parent/Patient Notifications Settings
- Log in to the Patient Portal and select the parent or patient icon.
- Click the My Account button.
- Select My Account from the menu.
- Locate the Notifications section of the My Account window.
- From the Send my Patient Portal Notifications by drop-down, select the method to receive notifications. These are notifications that are not included in the Notification Events.
- Click Edit notification settings if the Mobile indicator shows No phone number on record. Enter the mobile number and carrier in the Edit notification settings window. Once entered, click the Save Notification Settings button.
- Review the Notification Events and delivery method.
- To delete a method of delivery, click the Delete notification in the Actions column.