Generally speaking and in accordance with Health IT standards, a patient's entire Medication History as captured in OP should be sent to the portal. The only exceptions are:
- If a Medication has a visibility level higher than Any Staff Member, it is not sent to the portal
- Medications prescribed before the Sharing Preference Date for clinical information as set in System Preferences: Portal are not sent to the portal
Current vs. Past Medications
In the portal, Current Medications refer to Medications in OP that are either marked as chronic or do not include an Rx end date. Past Medications, on the other hand, are those that have an end date that has passed.
To change a Medication so that it is displayed in the Past Medications tab rather than the Current Medications tab:
- In OP, navigate to the patient's Medications in their chart.
- Select the Medication to edit, and click the Edit button.
- If selected, deselect the Include in chronic medication list checkbox.
- In the Rx End Date field, add a past date.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Tip: To ensure Medications are displayed in the portal where the patient or parent would expect to see them, we recommend confirming the Rx End Date at the time a prescription is created.