It is important for a practice to understand how Problem List entries in OP are displayed in a patient chart on the InteliChart Patient Portal. All Problems go to the Patient Portal, these include Problems that have a status of Active, Tracking, Resolved, or are marked as Hidden. In order for a Problem on the Patient Portal, to display with a description, a SNOMED or ICD code is required to be entered in OP. If a SNOMED or ICD code is not entered the description for the problem will display as null.
Below we have given the practice information that will assist with locating the Problems with a null description and resolving the issue.
Locating and Correcting Null Problems
- Run the SQL Query to locate all Problems that do not contain a SNOMED or ICD code.
- Highlight a patient in the list to open the Patient Chart.
Note: Click the Print button if you do not want to work from the list. If printing, multiple staff may work to correct the Problem entries.
- Click Problem List, locate the Problem and click the Edit button.
Note: You may need to uncheck the Active only checkbox to see the Problem to correct.
- Correct the Problem using one of the below methods.
- Add either a Problem or ICD code.
- Click the drop-down in the Visibility field and select a visibility level higher than Any staff member. This will remove the Problem from the Patient Portal.
- Delete the Problem. Deleting a problem should be decided by a Provider or Clinical staff. This will remove the Problem from the Patient Portal.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat the steps for all patients displayed in the SQL query.
Establishing a Workflow for Problems
It is important, once you have resolved the null Problem display on the Patient Portal, to have a workflow established and discussed with the staff.
- When reviewing the Problem List during a patient visit, confirm a SNOMED or ICD code is entered.
- If the Problem should not be visible on the Patient Portal, select a visibility level higher than Any staff member.
- Manage visibility of Diagnosis codes on the Patient Portal. For information on how to block the visibility of Diagnosis codes, review this article on the Help Center.