The content in this article is relevant to the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
There may be times where the practice needs to send a message to several or many patients that are registered on the Patient Portal. To send a bulk message your user must be assigned Messaging permission or associated to a Role with this permission. Below you will find instruction on how to send such a message.
- Log on to the Practice Portal.
- Click Messages on the Navigation panel.
- Click the New Message button.
- Click the To button to display the Address Book, confirm Patient Account is selected in the Address Book type field.
- Select a patient by clicking the name, use the Ctrl + click to select additional patient accounts.
Note: All patients selected are displayed in Selected Contacts. To remove a contact, click the x next to the name. There is no method to select all patients in the Address Book.
- Click OK once all names are selected.
- Type a subject in the Subject field.
- Type the message in the Message field.
- Click Send.