This section of template design demonstrates the edit or addition of diagnostic tests associated to a template.
To review the Diag Tests tab:
- Click the Diag Tests tab.
Encounter Template Editor: Assess/Plan Diag Tests tab
- To add a diagnostic test, click the Insert Record button .
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a diagnostic test .
Encounter Template Editor: Diagnostic Test list
- Type instructions for the lab test in the Special Instructions field. (optional) . This will need to be re-written on the requisition prior to printing.
Encounter Template Editor: Special Instructions
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a diagnosis code. The diagnosis search window displays (optional).
- Type a code or description and click the Search button.
- Double-click - OR - highlight and click the Select button.
Encounter Template Editor: DX Code
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a Department.
Encounter Template Editor: Department
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a Usage.
Encounter Template Editor: Usage
|Alternate||Will show the item in the task window. An alternate item needs to be selected at time of charting.|
|Routine||Will show the item in the task window. A routine item means that the checkmark will already be selected for task submission at time of charting.|
|Standing||A standing order is submitted as a task to the selected department when the template is used at time of charting.|
- Click the Post edit button.