Path: Smart Toolbar > Chart button > Encounters tab or Well Visits tab > Open Note > Assess/Plan tab > Pat Ed tab
This section will introduce the users to the steps to add Patient Education Resources to Encounters during a visit.
- Click the Pat Ed tab.
- Resource handouts associated to the template will display in the Resource Picklist section.
- Click the checkbox under the Add column to remove or add any resource already displayed in the note.
- Click into the text field labeled "Click here to order another resource or handout". The entry window opens for input.
- Select from the following list:
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Resource Name/Location field or begin typing the resource name.
- Click the ellipse button to search and attach a file saved in a folder.
- Click the scanner icon to search for scanned educational handouts.
- Enter the Department responsible.
|Note: Selecting the Patient Department will send the task to the Patient Portal.|
- Click thebutton located at the bottom of the window.
If all of your resources are added and checked, click next to the Do Now button to create the resources and send the tasks to the proper departments.