Daily charge posting is done from the Tracking tab. Charges for patients without an appointment are posted from the Patient Account.
Post a Charge
- Click the Account button to open the Patient Account.
- If needed, use the Search box to locate the patient.
- Click the Chargestab.
- Click on the Insurance tab to review the patient's insurance information to ensure it is accurate before posting.
- Click the Claimbutton.
- The Add/ Edit Charges window will open. From here, enter the follow information (noting that an item highlighted in RED is a mandatory field that must be filled out):
- Rendering Provider: Select the provider who saw the patient. If the Rendering Provider does not have billing credentials, a name must be selected in the Supervised by field. This will will also be listed on the claim.
- Insurance or Self-pay: The patient's primary insurance will display here. There is the option to select an alternate payer or self-pay for this claim.
- Date: The system default is the current date. To backdate the claim, click the dropdown arrow to change to the desired date.
- ICD-10: Click the Insert Record button and enter the numeric code or description to search under the ICD-10 Desc field. Then, click the green checkmark to add the diagnosis code to the claim. Up to twelve diagnosis codes can be placed on a claim.
- CPT: Enter the numeric CPT code or click the Ellipsis button to search for the code.
- Diagnosis codes must be assigned to each CPT code line. Use the dropdown to select the diagnosis code or add Modifiers.
- Once all charges have been entered click the Save or Save + Queue button in the bottom right hand corner of the Add/Edit Charges screen.