Daily posting is done from the Tracking tab. Charges for patients without an appointment are posted from the Patient Account.
Post a Charge
- Click the Account button to open the Patient Account.
- If needed, use the Search box to locate the patient.
- Click the Chargestab.
- Click on the Insurance tab to review the patient's insurance information to ensure it is accurate before posting.
- Click the Claimbutton.
- The Add/ Edit Charges window will open. From here enter the follow information (noting that an item highlighted in RED is a mandatory field that must be filled out):
- Rendering Provider: Select the provider who saw the patient. If the Rendering Provider does not have billing credentials, a name must be selected in the Supervised by field. This will will also be listed on the claim.
- Insurance or Self-pay: The patient's primary insurance will display here. There is the option to select an alternate payer or self-pay.
- Date: The system default is the current date. To backdate the claim, click the drop down arrow to change to the desired date.
- ICD-10: Click the Insert Record button and enter the numeric code or description to search under the ICD-10 Desc field. Then, click the green check mark to add the diagnosis code to the claim. Up to twelve diagnosis codes can be placed on a claim.
- CPT: Enter the numeric CPT code or click the Ellipsis button to search for the code.
- Diagnosis codes must be assigned to each CPT code line. Use the drop down to select the diagnosis code or add Modifiers.
- Once all charges have been entered click on the save button in the bottom right hand of the Add/Edit Charges screen.
If a claim requires additional information, such as Other items (fields 1-27) on a claim form/electronic segments, click on the Other Items tab.
- 10a: Related to employment
- 10b: Related to auto accident? Indicate State
- 10c: Related to other accident
- 10d: Local use
- 14: Date of current illness or injury or date of LMP
- Qualifier: If pregnant patient, select "Last Menstrual Period" option
- 15: First date same/similar illness
- Qualifier: Date of initial treatment
- Initial Treatment
- Latest Visit or Consultation
- Acute Manifestation of a Chronic Condition
- Last X-ray
- Report Start (Assumed Care Date)
- Report End (Relinquished Care Date)
- First Visit or Consultation
- 16: Dates patient unable to work
- 17: Name of referring physician
- 17b: Referring physician NPI#
- 17: Name of ordering physician - selecting a provider for this field to populate the Ordering Physician for lab services, if a rendering provider has a supervising provider, or the service includes a referral to or from another provider.
- 17b: Ordering physician NPI