Path: Smart Toolbar > Billing button > Adjudications tab
Payers will, at times, reverse previous adjudications for numerous reasons (e.g. plan termed, duplicate charge, etc). These are known as Provider Level Adjustments. ERA reversals received through an ERA adjudication will automatically process to a generic account setup for payments/retractions that OP cannot specifically trace to a specific patient account. The generic account is acct #-5, Provider Adj. E-Billing. OP will automatically create a claim which will appear on your current claims tab. OP will only make adjudications visible to the user if the corresponding charge transaction is archived (i.e. daysheeted). Since OP creates a current claim to post these reversal transactions against, you will first need to run a daysheet so that these adjudications will be visible for posting.
To determine the reversal details, you can either:
- Contact the payer directly.
- Check your clearinghouse for a copy of the corresponding EOB where this reversal was recorded.
- On the Adjudications tab of the e-Billing center, change the match status of the reversal adjudication (as assigned to an account by the name of Provider Adj. E-Billing) to Discard, approve and post the transaction.
- Go to the E-Billing Provider Adjustment Account, and click on the Claims tab.
- Locate and select the claim with the referenced reversal.
- Click on the Void minus button to delete this "claim".
- Click OK when prompted, "This action will delete the entire claim, Are you Sure?".
- If the Provider Level Adjustment is being used to pay another patient's claim on the same remit, click here to learn about processing the retraction.