Welcome to Promoting Interoperability (MU Stage 3) Learning Resource
For practices participating in the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program in 2019 and beyond, the EP (Eligible Provider) must use Certified Health Record Technology (CEHRT), meet performance for the Objectives and Measures and report performance on a set of Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs).
In September, Office Practicum delivered OP 20, our 2015 Edition certified version. This includes our partnering with CQMsolution, who specialized in development and maintenance of Clinical Quality Measures and InteliChart for the new OP Patient Portal.
In preparation for the reporting period, you need to review the following:
- Review and understand the Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program for Objective and Measures for 2019
- QIC Reporting in OP
- InteliChart ONC 2015 Report Logic - Workflow
- InteliChart ONC 2015 Stage 3 ACI Details Report
Preparing and Reporting CQMs
In preparation for CQM reporting, you will need to update your database LOINC codes for diagnostic tests including lab tests, x-rays, ultrasounds and other procedures. In addition, Taxonomy codes for the specialist to whom you refer patients will need to be assigned.
Meeting the Measures
- Determine Medicaid Volume
- Objective 1: Protect Patient Health Information (Attest)
- Objective 2: Electronic Prescribing
- Objective 3: Clinical Decision Support (Attest)
- Objective 4: Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
- Objective 5: Patient Electronic Access to Health Information (InteliChart)
- Objective 6: Coordination of Care Through Patient Engagement (InteliChart)
- Objective 7: Health Information Exchange
- Objective 8: Public Health and Clinical Data Registry Reporting (Attest)
If you would like to review information in Dr. Berman's MU corner, click here.