Welcome to Quarter 1 of the OP Educational Experience!
Every year, payers update their fee schedules. When was the last time you reviewed your practice's? It's important that you do so on a regular basis because if your fee schedule is outdated, you are most likely leaving money on the table. In Quarter 1, our focus is on updating your Fee Schedules.
Expand the sections below to get started!
Webinar Recording: "Updating Your Practice Fee Schedule"
In this webinar, presented by Sue Kressly, MD, FAAP, you will learn:
- The importance of reviewing and updating your fee schedules on a regular basis
- Methods to create a fee schedule that is consistent and supports practice financial metrics
- The impact of monitoring payments throughout the year to maximize revenue
Identify Underpaid CPT Codes
Learn how to run an SQL/script to identify any CPT codes that you have been potentially underpaid for because you are getting paid 100% of your charges.
Full video run-time: 26:47
Leverage CMS RVUs
Learn how to download the CMS RVU spreadsheets off their website and use them as the basis for this work.
Part 1: RVUs and the Medicare Fee Schedule
Full video run-time: 12:11
Part 2: Creating a Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
Full video run-time: 9:25
Part 3: Other Medicare Fee Schedules
Full video run-time: 6:05
Pay Attention to Vaccine Charges and Optimizing Your Payments
Learn how to manage your vaccine CPT codes and fee schedule(s) in OP so that you can maximize your vaccine payments.
Update Your Vaccine Fee Schedule
Full video run-time: 10:51
- How can you see vaccine fees at a glance? 0:07-7:38
- How do I make an alternate (VFC) fee schedule? 7:39-9:20
- How do I associate this alternate fee schedule to my Medicaid plans? 9:21-10:51
Part 1: Monitor Vaccine Charges and Payments
Full video run-time: 5:48
- How do you compare prices to what you paid? 0:07-3:49
- Overview of SQL Results 3:50-5:48
Part 2: Monitor Vaccine Charges and Payments - Analysis and Conclusion
Full video run-time: 13:37
OP Help Resources
|Modify and Copy Fee Schedules|
|SQL: Entire CPT Code Table Record, Including Fee Schedules|
|Video: Fee Schedule Maintenance|
Advanced Workflow Rules Engine
formerly Block and Substitute
|Advanced Workflow Rules Engine (OP AWARE)|
*** All of the topics above play a part in a payer's setup in OP ***