Previously known as Meaningful Use Stage 3, CMS renamed the EHR Incentive Programs to Promoting Interoperability in April 2018. The program has evolved over time as providers have adopted EHRs and is focused on interoperability across EHRs and improving patient access to health information, hence the name Promoting Interoperability.
The Quality Improvement Calculator (QIC) found in OP will be used to capture the denominator and numerator calculation and present the practice with a performance percent. The QIC contains information for objectives where a threshold must be met for attestation. The objectives presented are, Objective 2, Objective 4 (3 measures), and Objective 7 (3 measures).
- Run QIC and determine baseline.
- Decide on the reporting period.
- Share results with staff.
- Provide strategies for measures not yet met.
- Navigate to Office Practicum Quality Improvement Calculation (QIC): Tools > QIC.
- Confirm MU Stage 3, 2019 is selected in Report group.
- Complete the following information.
- Date range: Type a begin and end date or click the drop-down and select from the calendar..
- Provider: Click the drop-down and select a provider. To run the calculations for all providers, select the All checkbox.
- Location: The checkbox for All is selected by default. To change, click the drop-down and select a location from the list.
- Click the Refresh button.
|For information on exporting the QIC report, click here.|