To ensure that the patients being seen in the practice are enrolled for the Patient Portal, it is recommended to begin their Patient Portal registration from the Schedule (displayed in the Practice Portal). The integration between OP and the Practice Portal makes this quick and easy!
Logging In to the Practice Portal
- Navigate to your Practice Portal URL.
- Enter your Administrator login/password to log in to the Practice Portal.
- Select a Practice from the drop-down menu located at the top of the window (optional, only required to switch to a different practice).
Register a Patient for the Patient Portal from the Schedule
- Navigate to the Dashboard: Navigation Panel > Dashboard.
- Search for Appointments using the filters:
- Filter by Date Range: Defaults to the current date but may be changed to access the list of appointments for future dates.
- Click in the Start Date field, and enter a date or click the calendar and select a date.
- Click in the End Date field, enter a date or click the calendar and select a date.
- Filter by Location:
- Select a Location from the drop-down menu.
- Filter by Provider:
- Click the Select Provider(s) button to display the Select Provider(s) window.
- Click a Provider Name in the panel on the left or to select all providers, click Select all providers.
- Click the Right Arrow button to move the Provider to the panel on the right.
- Click the Apply button.
- From the Appointment list, click the Register button located to the right of the patient's name. The Appointment List contains several indicators related to the patient's Portal status:
- Complete the following fields:
- Register Patient with: PIN is selected by default. To change, select the Verification Question radio button.
- Email Address: Email Address is selected by default, enter the email address that will be used to access the Patient Portal.
- Text Message (optional): Select the radio button to receive the registration by text. Enter the cell phone number.
- Cell Carrier (optional): Select a Cell Carrier from the drop-down menu. Required if Text Message was selected.
- Print PIN (optional): Click Print PIN for a paper copy.
- Do not send PIN (optional): Select the radio button when the PIN information will not be sent.
- Click the Complete Registration button. A welcome email is sent to the parent so that they can create their portal account.