The content below is relevant to the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
Practice staff may choose to walk a parent/guardian through the process of registering for the OP Patient Portal while the parent/guardian is in the office. If the practices chooses not to issue a PIN to start this process, a custom URL must be established. Once the parent completes their information, the practice must authenticate the account creation in the Practice Portal by completing a Merge Match for the patient. Note: The workflow below can also be completed by the parent/guardian on their own at home if a custom URL has been provided to them.
To walk the parent through the registration without a PIN:
- Navigate to the practice's custom URL.
- Click Let's Get Started.
- Enter the email address that will be used to access the portal, and create a password.
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter the parent/guardian's date of birth.
- Select a security question, and provide the answer.
- Select I don't have a PIN.
- Enter the parent/guardian's first and last name.
- Enter the parent/guardian's sex.
- Enter the parent/guardian's phone number.
- Enter the zip code of the practice to search for and select the practice.
- If you are the parent/guardian of a patient of the practice, select the I’d like to add a child checkbox. If you are the patient, do not select this checkbox.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Continue (or Create My Account if you did not select the checkbox to add a child).
- If you selected the checkbox to add a child in step 10, enter a child’s first and last name, birthday, and sex.
- Optional: Click ‘I’d like to add another child’ to enter an additional patient’s information.
- Click Create My Account.