While working on a sick or well visit for a patient, you may realize how beneficial it may be to save this visit as a template. With the following steps you can quickly build up your template library.
Save As Template: Encounter
- After writing and completing your sick visit note, click the Summary tab in the column on the left side of the form.
- After reviewing the note content, click on the Save as Template button, located below the Cosign button at the bottom of the form.
- The Save Template Dialog window will appear:
- Enter the Template name.
- Select the System Category for the template from the drop-down menu.
- The checkboxes allow you to select which sections of the encounter note to include in the template. By default, all boxes will be checked. To exclude a section, click on the checkbox to clear it. Also note the "Copy as pertinent" checkbox. If this is checked, your current selections will not be saved and revert all to "Pert". To preserve your selections, clear the checkbox.
- Click OK to save the template.
Save As Template: Well Visit
- After writing and completing your well visit note, click the Summary tab in the column on the left side of the form.
- After reviewing the note content, click the Save as Template button, located below the Cosign button at the bottom of the form.
- The dialog box appears, enter the name of the template.
- Click OK.
- The Information dialog box displays, click OK to save the template.
To use the template in the future you can search for it in your Template tab. If you would like to go back and edit areas of the visit that are patient specific, follow the directions for Editing a Template.
|NOTE: Saving a note as a new Template will make the template "Author" protected. Only the Author can edit the template, yet all providers will be able to use/select it.|