Path: Smart Toolbar > Docs button > New Document
This page will instruct you on how to scan a new document into OP.
Scan a New Document
- Click the Docs button on the smart toolbar to open the Document Management window.
- Click the New Document button.
- Place the document onto the document scanner.
- Click the Document Scan button . The Twain interface must be enabled via the Use radio button in the Twain Use/Hide field below the device icon buttons.
- The scanner will activate and the Scan Options window will appear.
- Click the Scan button located in the lower-right corner of the Scan Options window. The document will be scanned.
- Repeat with the reverse side of the page (if needed, however some scanners have a duplex scan option).
- The image(s) will appear in the Sketch panel. Follow the directions in the next section to label the item.
- Attach the images to a patient's chart by moving the images from the Sketch panel to the Thumbnail panel.
Labeling the Document
- Select the image in the Sketch panel.
- Move the page or pages to the Thumbnails panel.
- Select the patient by searching for the Patient ID in the Document Details Panel.
- Select the Insurance from the Item Type dropdown.
- Select the appropriate Item Category.
- Click the Reviewed checkbox.
- Under Administrative Details in the Document Details panel, select In Patient's Chart in the Status of Original field (this is optional).
- Click the Save button.