The Non-Patient Directory (NDP) is a secure document repository where documents unrelated to one specific patient are stored. These documents may include any type of correspondence to the practice, such as letters or EOBs, to name a couple.
Save to the Non-Patient Directory
- Scan or import the document into OP as you normally would.
- Click in the Patient ID field.
- Click the red X located to the right of the Patient Finder.
- Click OK in the confirmation window.
- Click in the Item Type field, and select Non-Patient Directory form the drop-down menu.
- Leave the Item Category field blank.
- Complete the rest of the document details as you normally would.
Tip: To be able to easily search for documents saved to the Non-Patient Directory, enter a note in the Notes field.
- Save the document.