Depending on your practice's policies, you may decide that you'd like to scan a blank consent form into OP 14 that you will use for more than one patient. Prior to scanning in a blank consent form, you will need to be sure to add the new record type. Click here for instruction on the process.
To scan in a blank consent document:
- Click the Docs button on the Smart Toolbar.
- Click the New Document button.
- Place the blank consent form on the scanner.
- Click the Scanner icon in the Acquisition panel. The Consent form image will appear in the Sketch Panel.
- Drag the image from the sketch panel to the thumbnails panel.
- Make sure there is no patient number selected, and enter the name of the Consent Record in the patient name field.
- On the document properties pane, look for the Review Details field group. Click in the dropdown in the Item Type field and select CONSENT FRM TMPL.
- Mark the Reviewed checkbox.
- Mark the Privacy level to Any staff member. With this setting, all staff will be able to see this consent form. If the consent forms is meant to be private, then the Privacy level should be set accordingly. See Privacy Constraints (Visibility Settings) for more information.
- Click the Save button.
Your new, blank consent form is now available to be attached to patient records.