To scan a consent form that has already been signed into OP 14, follow these steps:
- Click the Docs button on the Smart Toolbar. The Manage Documents window opens.
- Click the New Document button.
- Place the signed consent form on the scanner.
- Click the Scanner icon in the Acquisition panel. The Consent form image will appear in the Sketch Panel.
- Drag the image from the sketch panel to the thumbnails panel.
- Search for and select your patient using the patient search field.
- On the document properties pane, look for the Review Details field group. Click in the dropdown in the Item Type field and select Patient Consent.
- Click the Category field. Two buttons appear.
- Click the Document () button. The Document Types and Categories window appears.
- Select a Document Category.
- Click the OK button to close the Document Types and Categories window.
- Click the Reviewed checkbox if the item was reviewed.
- Set the appropriate privacy level. In the case of scanning a consent form, all staff should be able to view it, so you would want to select Any staff member. See Privacy Constraints (Visibility Settings) for more information.
- Click the Save button.