Path: Practice Management tab > Schedule Templates
Schedule Templates are used to create an apply a consistently structured provider schedule to a week, month, or year. If your providers do not typically have the same type of weekly schedule but rather their schedule changes from week to week, it may be better to construct a schedule using Slots.
Create a New Template
- In the Staff field, click the drop-down to select the staff member for which you will create a Schedule Template. For multi-location practices, make sure the correct location is selected in the Location box.
- Click Search.
- If the staff member already has Schedule Templates created, click the Add buttonto create a new template. If this is the first template you're creating for a provider, you will receive a message stating a new template will be started. Click OK to start a new template.
- In the Description field, enter a name for the new Schedule Template.
- In the Sort field, select the sort number. This determines the order of the templates.
- Set the Start and End times. These settings carry over from the Schedule Properties but can be edited here if necessary.
- Set the Appointment Time Increments (5, 10, 15 etc.) and the Location for the template.
- On the right-hand side of the window under the calendar, use the Appointment Zone drop-down to select an Appointment Zone (e.g. sick visit, well exam, nurse visit). If you do not see an Appointment Zone that fits your need, click the Zones button to access the Appointment Types and Zones window. Also, see Template Zones.
- Double-click in the start time slot.
- Hover over the slot's bottom red box until you see black move arrows. Expand the slot to the end time by dragging the slot to cover the desired time slots.
- Repeat the above steps for all of the days and times to complete the template.
Note: After clicking on a zone to select it, you can:
- Select the checkboxes for the weeks this template should be applied to or use the Quick Picks button to:
- Select All Weeks
- Deselect All Weeks
- Every Other Starting with WK1
- Every Other Starting with WK2
- In the Applied through field, set the date the template should be applied through.
Note: You can apply through a date that is 360 days from the current date in the Applied through field. Typically the Applied through date coincides with how far in the future your schedule is open for scheduling. If you continue using Schedule Templates, you will need to return to the Schedule Templates Editor and extend the Applied through date.
- Click Apply.
- Click Yes to apply the template to the desired time-frame. The Applied through date will now be completed for that location.
- Return to the Schedule to view the template.
Setting the Reapply as of date
- In the Reapply as of field, enter the date the template should take effect. Think of this as the start date or in other words, when you want these changes to show on the calendar. The Applied through is now the "end date".
- Click Reapply.
- Carefully read the pop up warning, and click Yes to proceed or No to cancel the re-applying of the template.
- Repeat this process for all providers and all locations if needed.