Patient searches in the Practice Portal are conducted in Patient Administration, located in the Practice Portal's Navigation Panel.
User Permissions: Only Practice Portal users who have been given Patient Administration permissions can access Patient Administration.
- In the Practice Portal, navigate to Patient Administration: Navigation Panel > Patient Administration. The Patient Administration window is displayed with the search filters and fields on the left side of the window.
- Depending on the portal status of the patient you're searching for, select how you would like to filter your search:
- Register: searches patients that have a portal status of Unregistered or Pending Registration
- Account: searches patients who are Registered or Unregistered. This search filter also includes accounts that are unaffiliated to the Practice, meaning that they are not patients but rather the parents/guardians of patients.
- Chart: searches in the same way as the Account filter
- Enter information into at least one of the three search fields: Last Name, First Name, and/or Date of Birth. The more information entered, the more narrowed down the search results will be.
- (Optional, only available with Account or Chart search) Select a Search by option. By default, all patients are searched, but you can use the drop-down to select a different status option.
- Click the Search button. Patients matching your search criteria are listed on the right side of the window.
Tip: To easily navigate to patients you've recently viewed, refer to the Recently Viewed section of the window. From there, you can click the patient's name to get to their account.