In order for Messages to be sent from OP to the Patient Portal, the user sending the Message must have an active account in the practice Portal and the patient being sent the Message must have an active portal account. The workflow for sending a Message to the portal is the same as sending a Message within OP with the exception of selecting the recipient. For the complete workflow for creating a message, see Create a Message.
Send a Message to the Portal
- Navigate to the Message window as you normally would.
- Use one of the following methods to indicate that the Message is being sent to the portal:
- In the To: field, begin typing Web Portal User and select Web portal user from the list.
- Leave the To: field blank, and select the Patient Portal checkbox located below the To: field.
Notes: If the user does not have an active account on the Practice Portal, they will be presented with the following message. The user must be added and associated to the Practice Portal to be able to successfully send Messages to the portal.
|If the patient does not have an active portal account, the user will be presented with the following message. The patient must be issued a PIN and complete their registration/activate their portal account in order to be able to receive Messages in the portal.|
- Proceed with creating your message.
- Click the Send button.