An email broadcast is a way to send a mass email to a defined group of recipients. The Email Broadcast tab in the Patient Message eXchange delivers the same email (not patient specific) to a list of unique email addresses using a message template. New Messages or previously used messages can be used in the email broadcast. You can think of it as an electronic version of a flyer that may be posted in the waiting room of your practice.
To send an email broadcast, you must be assigned the appropriate Patient Message eXchange permissions (Message_Distribution_Create and Message_Distribution_View).
Create an Email Template
- Select Activities > Patient Message eXchange.
- Click the Email Broadcasts tab.
- Click the Insert Record button to create a new template.
- Enter the following:
- Start sending: this will be when the email is sent.
- Sender email: this is the email address of the sender.
- Name: this is the name associated with the sender email address.
- Reply to: this is only required if different from the sender email.
- Subject: this is the subject line of the email.
- Message: this is the body of the email.
- Click the Post Edit button to save.
Define the Recipients of the Email
- Select Reports > Demographic Analysis/Recall.
- In the Patient Demographics tab, define the search criteria for which patients should receive the email.
- Click the Send Messages button. The Patient Message eXchange window will open.
- Click the Search dropdown, and select the email template to be used.
- Click the Recipient List button to generate the list of recipients based on the criteria previously entered. Notice that the list of recipient has a total recipients number. This number indicates how many emails will be sent. If families have more than one patient with the same email address, OP will only send one email.
- Click the Broadcast button.
- A confirmation window will appear notifying you of how many message credits will be used to send the emails. Click OK.
|You will not receive individual delivery receipts for an email broadcast. You will receive bounces and non-deliveries so you can update/correct your records.|