|Take me to all 2021 Office Visit E/M Coding Resources!|
Each practice can determine which of their Patient Tracking Stages should be used to categorize their provider time-tracking into the 3 buckets: Pre-visit Preparation, Intra-visit Work, and Post-visit Work. These settings are optional. If no selections are made, all tracked time is presented as Total Time. This does not mean that time is not tracked. It simply means that it is not divided into buckets. Because the settings are made at the global level, they must be set by a Practice Administrator or another user with access to Global Preferences. As with all global settings, these selections apply to all providers across the practice.
Read these important points before selecting your Intra-visit Work and Post-visit Work bucket triggers
Set Time-Tracking Bucket Triggers
- Navigate to the Clinic Info. tab of Global Preferences: Admin tab > Global Preferences > Clinic Info. tab
- In the Time Tracking section of the window:
- Enable categorization of Intra-visit time by selecting the checkbox.
- Use the drop-down to select the Visit Stage that will start the categorization of Intra-visit Work.
- Enable categorization of Post-visit time by selecting the checkbox.
- Use the drop-down to select the Visit Stage that will start the categorization of Post-visit Work.
- Close the System Preferences window.