|OP sets all defaults to share all information. Any individual decisions by Practice-users to restrict information sharing (access, use, or exchange) are the responsibility of the Practice in the implementation of its 21st Century Cures Act Information Blocking policies and procedures for its Practice and patients.|
A patient's gender identity, when provided, should be recorded in the Basic Information (Demographics) of their patient chart. This is not a mandatory field and defaults to Unknown.
It should only be populated if the patient has declared to identify as one of the following:
- Female-to-Male (FTM)/Trans Man
- Male-to-Female (MTF)/Trans Woman
- Genderqueer (not exclusively M or F)
- Declined to specify
Selecting Gender Identity
- Navigate to Basic Information in the patient's chart.
- Click the Gender identity field drop-down.
- Select the appropriate gender identity as it relates to the patient's declaration.
Including Gender Identity in Report
Gender Identity is not an included field when the patient's demographics are printed and is not included in the Demographic Analysis and Recall report. However, practices can choose to include this information in Interoperability documents and exchanges by selecting the checkbox to do so in the Special > Medical tab in Global Preferences. This checkbox is defaulted as unchecked.