A patient's race details, when provided, should be recorded in the Basic Information (Demographics) of their patient chart. The details provided here are intended to provide details of a patient's racial origin. This is not a mandatory field.
This a type-ahead pick-from list, allowing users to select more than one detail.
Entering Race Details
- Navigate to Basic Information in the patient's chart.
- In the Race Details field, begin to type the origin detail(s). As you type, results will display.
- Select the appropriate detail(s). As details are added, the Race field automatically updates according to the selections.
Note: If you do not collect detailed race information, proceed to Step 5 to select the race of the patient.
- Refer to the following tips regarding entering race details:
- If an incorrect selection was made, click the respective X to remove the detail.
- The removal of a detail also removes the corresponding Race selection. It may be re-added if necessary.
- If a Race selection is removed, the detail will remain and can be removed if necessary.
- If all details are removed, the Race field resets to Unknown.
- In the Race field, select the appropriate race(s).