If you've received a .tiff file that contains pages for multiple patients, you can easily navigate through the pages in the Sketch Panel prior to saving any of the pages to a Patient Chart. This ensures that pages are not accidentally saved in incorrect charts. Refer to the image below as you move through the steps to split the pages in the file and save them to the correct charts.
- Open the .tiff file. The pages are displayed in the Sketch Panel of the Manage Documents window. In the image above, we have two pages identified as one page for Patient A and one page for Patient B.
- (If applicable) Depending on the steps you took prior to initiating this workflow, you may receive a Confirmation window asking you which details you want to retain; click None, Details, or All. Any information you choose to retain can be edited, as appropriate, before saving. Clicking Cancel will close the confirmation and take you back to the previous record with no changes made to the current record.
- Review the pages in the Sketch Panel to identify which patient's page(s) you will start with. If a larger view of a page is needed, right-click the page and select Show Full Screen.
- One by one, drag and drop the patient's page(s) to the Document Panel.
- Proceed with selecting the patient and labeling the Document as you normally would.
- Click Save. Between each save, if there are additional pages left in the Sketch Panel, you'll receive the Confirm window asking you which details you want to retain. Click None, Details, or All. Any information you choose to retain can be edited, as appropriate, before saving.
- Repeat steps 4-6 above for the remaining patients' page(s).
- When you've attached each page to the correct patient's chart, close the Documents window.