Path: Admin tab > Global Preferences button > Special tab
User Permission: The System Preferences window is only available to users with permission: AA_SystemAdmin_mi.
The Special tab of the System Preferences window contains sub-tabs to further categorize System Preferences: Medical, PMS Data Ownership, Prescribe, and Diagnostic Tests, some of which are detailed below.
- Default growth chart for new patients: This will default to WHO/CDC.
- Default method used for measuring temperature (Less than 6 Months of Age): Sets the default that is used 90% of the time by clinical staff for patients under six months of age. Selections include Tym, Skin, Oral, Axil, TA, and Rect.
- Default method used for measuring temperature (Older than 6 Months of Age): Sets the default that is used 90% of the time by clinical staff for patients older than six months of age. Selections include Tym, Skin, Oral, Axil, TA, and Rect.
- Disable the Problem List and Allergy pop reminder on Chart: If the practice does not wish to have the reminders for the Problem List and Allergies click the checkbox.
- Suppress asking about passing DX from encounter not to diagnostic test order: Select the checkbox to remove the pop up that prompts to include the encounter DX code on the the diagnostic test order requisition.
- Compile encounter note orders by encounter date, not attachment state: Select the checkbox to include orders on notes by date on the encounter.
- Highlight required 'Meaningful Use' data entry fields: If the practice is not attesting for MU, you may click the checkbox to turn this function off for highlighting the fields.
- Default to OP 14 family history style for new patients: This option should always be checked in the System Preferences.
- Require response to referral prior to CDA reconciliation: This option should always be checked in System Preferences.
- Allow user to create more than one unfinalized encounter per day: Select this checkbox if the practice needs to allow for multiple encounters to be charted for a particular patient on the same day.
- Follow streamlined documentation rules: This option adds the attestation note in the text box below to the E/M Audit Report Note.
- Include sensitive demographic data in interoperability documents and exchanges: This option is intended to protect the privacy of patient's gender identity and sexual orientation declarations. Selecting this checkbox will include that information when records are sent out of the practice.
- Allow non-prescribers to write proxy prescriptions: Select the checkbox to relax constraints on who can write prescriptions.
- Allow users to make formulary checking optional when writing prescriptions: Select this checkbox if allowing users to turn off the formulary checking when prescribing.
- Revalidate ERX supervisor on a daily basis: Select this checkbox if a supervising provider must be set each day for a prescribing provider.
- E-prescribing interaction checking: Preferences are set as a default. Users may choose to add Allow user override for Med/Allergy.
- Prescription Diagnosis Required: None, EPCS, All
Note: Practices requiring a diagnosis to be included on electronic prescriptions must select either EPCS or All. OP defaults to None, which means that a diagnosis is not required in order to send a prescription but if one is included the diagnosis will be sent to the pharmacy.