Note: Tablet PCs are a popular consideration among our clients, but most opt for a desktop PC and use a light-weight laptop for working from home or out of the office. The tablet PC is a more expensive option than the desktop. Also, the set-up requires the additional expense of a wireless access point, which allows the tablet to communicate with the network.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 (32 & 64-bit)*.
- Random Access Memory (RAM):
- Recommended 4 GB
- Screen size: Recommended 12" screen minimum (display must be capable of displaying minimum resolution of 1920x1080)
- Weight: Recommended light-weight for easy mobility
- Processor: Minimum 2 GHz processor
- A low powered Intel Processor (Atom, I3) will not work.
Note: OP does not support Windows 10 in S mode. Windows 10 in S mode only runs applications available in the Microsoft Store. You will need to switch out of Windows 10 in S mode to run the OP software. Follow these instructions on Microsoft's site for more information on how to switch out of Windows 10 in S mode. Windows 7 will be supported until January 2020.
Office Practicum supports the Surface Pro tablet. However, it does not support the new Windows Surface RT tablet, Chromebook, or other netbook devices that do not meet the specifications above.