Here are the top 5 general most commonly asked questions by practices who have implemented the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
1) What features are available in the OP Patient Portal?
Here is a list of features available in the OP Patient Portal. It is up to each practice to decide which features they want to enable for their patients/parents.
- Secure messaging between the parent and the practice
- The ability for the parent/guardian or patient to easily request Appointments, Medication Refills, Referrals, and Documents
- Live scheduling
- The ability for the parent/guardian or patient to be notified of and view upcoming appointments
- The ability for parents to make a payment toward OP balance (only available to practices who use Instamed Merchant Services)
- Self-registration of new patients
- Completion of OP and CHADIS Surveys from the Patient Portal
- Access to Health Education materials provided by the practice
2) Is there a mobile app for the portal?
Yes! A free Patient Portal app can be downloaded by your patients/parents onto their mobile device. Simply search for InteliChart in the App Store, and download "Patient PORTAL by InteliChart". The following QR codes can also be used to instantly access the app for download.
Requires IOS version 10 and up
Requires Android version 5.0 Lollipop and up
Note: There is no app version of the Practice Portal (admin side).
The available features differ slightly when the Patient Portal is accessed via the app vs. when it is accessed via a web browser.
3) What are the supported browsers and operating systems used with InteliChart?
Refer to the information below.
Important: With the announcement from Microsft to end support of IE 11, InteliChart has made the decision to no longer support or develop to this browser effective May 7, 2021. The InteliChart products will continue to work in IE 11 but will not support issues specific to this browser.
Internet Browser Requirements
Operating System Requirements
4) Do all patients need to be registered for the Patient Portal?
In order to provide electronic access to your patient's health information to patients/parents, it is recommended to register all patients for the OP Patient Portal. Patients who were registered for the legacy OP Patient Portal are not carried over into the OP Patient Portal, powered by InteliChart.
5) If my practice uses OP Notify, will I get a new login for the Practice Portal?
No. InteliChart is the platform for both OP Notify and the Patient Portal, so an additional login is not necessary. The only change you will see is the Patient Portal option available in the navigation menu when you are logged into InteliChart.