Family credits can easily be transferred among siblings that are financially linked using the transfer method of Family Transfer. Financially linked patients are those that share the same Patient Responsibility Guarantor as indicated in the Insurance section of the patient chart.
- Navigate to the Patient Chart of the Patient that has the balance and needs a credit from a sibling.
- Click Credits.
- Click the New Credit button. The Patient's Credit Account window is displayed.
- Select Family transfer from the Pay Method drop-down menu. The Family Transfer grid displays listing the available credits in all of the patient's siblings' accounts.
- Enter the Amount of the credit being transferred from the sibling(s) in the Transfer field or click the Transfer All or Balance Owed button, as appropriate.
- Click the Save / Post button to save and close the window. Both the patient and sibling credit accounts will be credited/debited accordingly.
Apply the Credit to the Patient Balance
- Click Payments.
- Click the New Payment button. The Add Payments and Adjustments window is displayed.
- If it is not already selected, click the Patient tab.
- Select Patient Credit from the Pay Method drop-down menu.
- Enter the Amount in the Payment field.
- Click the Save + Close button.
In Office Practicum, you have the ability to transfer family credits among members of the same family.
|Note: Family members are financially linked together by the same Patient Responsibility Guarantor from the patient's insurance record. To learn how to financially link family members, click here.|
If one sibling has a credit and another sibling has an account balance, you can manually transfer the credit from the first patient to the second, by following one of the procedures below:
The Family Transfer pay method allows you to transfer credits between siblings quickly and easily, without requiring that you enter the credit refund transaction in each individual account. The Family Transfer grid displays available credits in all of the patient's siblings' accounts, and you can enter the amount you would like to transfer (or click Transfer All) from one or several of these accounts.
- From the Smart Toolbar, click the Accnt button.
- Enter a Patient Name in the Patient Search field that has a balance and is in need of a sibling credit transfer .
- Click the Credits button, located on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Add Credit button .
- Select Family transfer from the Pay method drop-down menu.
- Enter the Amount of the credit being transferred from the sibling in the Transfer field or click on the Transfer All button or Balance Owed, as appropriate.
Note: This feature allows you to transfer credits from multiple siblings in one step.
- Click the Save / Post button to save and close the window. Both the patient and sibling accounts are credited/debited accordingly.
- To apply this credit to the patient account balance:
- Click the Payments button.
- Click the Add Payment button.
- Select Patient Credit from the Pay method drop-down menu.