OP Practice Administrators, we have received reports of a newly uncovered issue that can trigger the removal of a patient's demographic information if a user tries to delete payments directly from the grid on the Receipts tab of the Billing Center. We are working to close this unintended loophole, but in the meantime you should instruct your billing staff NOT to perform the following workflow, even though the system allows it:
Not Approved Workflow (DO NOT USE)
- Open Billing Center.
- Go to Receipts.
- Expand a Receipt's details and highlight a receipt.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Select Yes in the prompt to Delete Record.
As a result of this sequence, both the Credit AND the patient’s Demographic (Register) records will be deleted. Obviously this is not the desired action.
OP Approved Workflow
Until this loophole is closed, please make sure your billing staff is using the following workflow for deleting receipts/credits.
- Go to Patient Account (F12).
- Select the Patient.
- Go to Credits.
- Highlight the Credit and select the Delete button.
- On the Receipts tab of the Billing Center, select the patient you want to fix.
- Select the Chart button. The system should focus on the selected patient; if not, use the patient chooser to find who you’re looking for.
- Select Credits in the Account group.
- Highlight the desired Credit and click the Delete button there.
Reach our Support Team
To provide you the best communication platforms to reach our Support Team, we are working to improve the Chat Feature. While Chat is temporarily disabled, please be sure to utilize our current communication methods by either emailing Support at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-218-9916 opt 2.
Thanks in advance for your support as we can grow in our ability to meet your needs!
Determine your Planned Target Release Date
For all remaining Cloud customers awaiting your OP 19 upgrade, the document below will allow your practice to easily determine your Planned Target Release Date, which will occur after hours on the day of your upgrade. We are committed to notifying you the day of your upgrade, and in the event something changes, we will be sure to notify you as expeditiously as possible. If there is a compelling reason that you would need to change this date, please contact your Account Manager with those concerns.
OP 14.19.1 (OP 19) is live and provides a new look to your OP software. Along with a new look, functions have been moved for easier access while inside a patient's chart or when on the main OP screen. A ribbon will now be the central hub for all your OP needs. Almost everything in OP can now be personalized, but rest assured, all templates, favorites, forms or other lists you have built in OP 14 will automatically carry over with this upgrade. You'll simply log in and begin your updated OP experience.
After logging in, you will want to customize what you see on the Main, Well and Sick Navigation panels. See the Personalize OP 19 Checklist for links to how to customize the navigation panels.
Still haven't updated to OP 19? If you are considering OP 19 and are unsure if you are ready for the new update, check out what some of your colleagues have to say here!
Upcoming OP 19 Webinars
New terms will be used throughout the Help Center when referring to items in OP 19. You can learn more about those terms here.
OP 19 Crosswalk Table
Trying to find something in OP 19? Click here for help.
Click here to view the OP 14 to OP 19 Permissions Crosswalk which highlights the View and Edit permissions of certain functions and windows. After reviewing the new protections, visit the following pages to learn more about the active permissions in OP and ways to troubleshoot:
OP 19 introduces the use of badges across several windows and navigation panels. Click here to learn how badges are calculated.
The following are resources that can be used to acquaint yourself with the new look and feel of OP 19.
|Videos||A New Look for Office Practicum 19 - Video|
|Getting Started with Office Practicum 19|
|Key How To Steps OP 19|
|Personalize the Navigation Panel OP 19|
|Personalize Encounter Navigation Panel OP 19|
|Using Tabbed Interface and Multi-Patient Mode OP 19|
|Customize the Ribbon OP 19|
|Personalize OP 19||Personalize OP 19 Checklist|
|How to Troubleshoot Personalization|
|Getting Started in OP 19 FAQs||A complete list of OP 19 Getting Started FAQs can be found here.|
|OP 19 Enhancement FAQs||A complete list of OP 19 Enhancement FAQs can be found here.|
|Quick Reference Guides||OP 19 Front Desk QRG|
|OP 19 Register a Patient QRG|
|OP 19 Billing QRG|
|OP 19 Vaccine Inventory QRG|
|OP 19 Schedule Calendar Slots QRG|
|OP 19 Clinical QRG|
|OP 19 Provider QRG|
|OP 19 Document Management QRG|
Introducing OP's New Solution for Contacting Support
In order to continue improving and enhancing your Support experience with Office Practicum, we are upgrading our Contact Center Communications solution on Tuesday, March 26th.
We are calling this a Communications Solution, because we are starting off by optimizing your customer experience when calling into Support. Throughout this year, we will be evaluating and pulling in other Support communications channels into this system.
On March 26th, when you call into Support, you will notice new prompts under the Support option that ensure we get you to the right team or department to work with you on your issue. This solution will enable us to more intelligently route calls to the right representative, team or department, and provides lookup functionality in the background that we anticipate will expedite your service.
One piece of information that will be important to know when calling into Support will be your OP MED ID.
Where is my OP MED ID?
You can find your ID in OP software by clicking Help, then About. Your OP Medical ID is the parenthesized number in the Client ID field.
What will be changing?
- When you press “2” for Support, you’ll hear the following menu:
- If are an existing OP client and are unable to use the application, press 7.
- If you're having an issue with a new feature, press 1
- If you would like to learn how to do something in OP or run a report press 2.
- For Technical Support, press 3. Some examples of why you would select this prompt is when you can’t access OP software, are receiving backup errors, can’t print, or can’t scan.
- For Billing Support, press 4. Some examples of why you would select this prompt is if you’re having issues with claims rejections or payments.
- For all other issues, press 5 or hold for the next available representative. You would use this if you have a question or issue that is not covered by any of the previous prompts.
- We are going to try to identify your Practice. We have enhanced our system to try to locate your account based on the number from which you dialed. If this phone number is associated with your account, we won’t prompt you for more information. After you are connected by phone number, our representatives will validate who you are by asking for your name and Practice Name.
- If we can’t find your account based on the phone number from which you dialed, we will ask you for your OP Medical ID. Remember: You can find your OP Med ID in OP software by clicking Help, then About. Your OP Med ID is the parenthesized number in the Client ID field (see the screen cap above).
- If you are calling about an existing issue, and you only have one existing open support issue assigned to one of our representatives, we will make every effort to route your call to the assigned representative. If they aren’t available, you will then have the option to leave a voicemail for the representative to return your call or to be assisted by another representative.
- In order to help you save some valuable time and to be able to assist other callers with critical issues, we are encouraging self-service for those issues you may be able to resolve quickly. Part of our Communications Solution includes the new How-To prompt. When you call in and are holding for a representative to assist you, we will encourage you to visit the OP Help Center while waiting. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, you have the option to receive a callback when your call is at the top of the queue, to leave a message for a representative to call you back, or to continue holding for a representative.
Did You Know?
Over half the calls we get at OP are from users with questions that can be answered in seconds on the OP Help Center at support.officepracticum.com? If you have a question about ‘how’ the solution works, we encourage you to search the OP Help Center first and get a little more time back in your busy day..
- For security purposes and to validate against the OP Med ID (if provided), our representative will ask for your practice name and your name.
This is the first phase on our journey toward providing you with a more optimal Support experience. In a subsequent phase, we will introduce a new chat solution. As always, we will keep you informed on our progress.