This issue has been resolved with the release of OP version 14.19.9.
Some practices have noticed an intermittent problem where files generated to send claims are not saving in the OP document repository and, as a result, are not continuing to the clearinghouse. While our team works on a resolution, we wanted to make sure that all practices are aware of this issue and know how to identify and handle it in the short-term.
How can I tell if any of my claims were not successfully saved/sent?
A successfully sent claim file should have all the following characteristics:
- It appears in your Administrative Documents (Admin tab > Admin Documents) in the 837 category immediately after creation.
- It was acknowledged by your clearinghouse. Depending on your workflow and clearinghouse, you will see claims in that batch turn to status A1 in OP within a day or two of sending the file. Other clearinghouses may not send these notifications via OP, and you will receive them directly from your clearinghouse and/or you can manually download them from your clearinghouse’s portal.
- If your clearinghouse has a portal (it should), you can see the claims when you log in.
Unpaid claims that persist in status Q2 (sent, but not acknowledged) for more than 2-7 days (depending on your clearinghouse, file size, and payer mix) should be followed up on regularly.
OP 19 provides a badge that gives the number of unacknowledged claims for the last 30 days. If this number represents more than a few days worth of claims for your practice, you should do further investigation.
If I identify some claims that are not sent, what do I do next?
Select those claims, add them to the queue, and recreate the batch. After saving the batch, check to make sure the file is picked up by your clearinghouse. Click here to learn how to send claims to the Transmit Queue.
Is there anything else related to this issue that I should know?
Other files which are created or move at the same time as the claims files may be intermittently affected. Sometimes, if a daysheet is created at the same time the claim file is generated, the daysheet also fails to save. On-Premise clients may notice that the daysheet does save in the shared Claim Net folder, but the daysheet is not indexed in Administrative Documents.
What should my staff be doing daily to prevent additional claims from not being processed?
Every time your staff creates a claim batch, they should go and look to see if it saved in the Admin Documents. If it does not save the first time, you create it again, until it does. Each attempt takes about 2 minutes to create and check, but you should verify every claim file is saved properly. Once the file is saved, it uploads to the clearinghouse.
How can my practice monitor our claim files on a regular basis?
There are many reasons that claims may fail. OP19’s billing information on the alert bar should be checked by practice leadership to monitor for potential concerns at least weekly. If there is a large number of claims in the “Not Ack” (not acknowledged) category, that should prompt your team to investigate why.
What are Best Practices for making sure claims are being received and acknowledged by the clearinghouse?
- Check the clearinghouse site daily. This provides the validation of what has been sent/received by OP and the Clearinghouse.
- Pay attention to the counts associated with the alert bar item called Not Acknowledged.
- Watch the computations and trends in the RCM Daily Summaries report (Billing tab > RCM button > RCM Performance > Daily Summaries tab), which is available to everyone, not just RCM clients.
- Make a habit of running the various filtered options in the A/R tab of the Billing Center (Billing tab > Billing Center button > A/R tab) to keep claims moving in all stuck stages.
- Follow up, and automatically resend all claims that are not responded to within 7-14 days.
We’re here when you need us! Our Support Team is dedicated to providing our clients with great service! Below, you will find that there are several ways to contact Office Practicum's Support Team! To optimize your support experience, before contacting Support you should:
- Have your OP MED ID available. This helps the Support Team locate your practice to identify database specifics.
- Capture relevant screenshots that display the issue. As a reminder, whenever you are sending screenshots of your system to an OP Support Analyst or anyone outside of your organization, it is imperative to protect your patients' information. Click here to learn about how to protect PHI when capturing screenshots.
OP offers a toll-free number for business-critical and highly time-sensitive requests. Calls are routed to the appropriate Support Team based on the nature of the issue. To contact OP Support via phone, call (800) 218-9916 and select prompt #2. Click here for information regarding active Support hours and phone system prompts.
Via Live Chat (temporarily disabled)
Live Chat is a quick and convenient way to connect with a Support Analyst to get fast answers to questions about our application. Within OP, the Live Chat button located in the Help tab connects you directly to a Support Analyst. There is also a Live Chat button located on every article in this Help Center.
Email is a HIPAA-compliant, convenient way to submit requests and cases to our Support Team. This alternative allows you to include screenshots with your case. It is tracked by the OP Case Management System for timely email follow up. To contact Support via email, send your case information to email@example.com.
Via the Support Hub
We feel transparency is important when you are tracking the status of your case requests, so OP has an integrated Support Hub where you can view progress notes and add details to active cases. It is a quick and easy way to for you monitor cases any time of the day. With OP’s online Support Hub, you are able to request support, view the status of your open cases, and submit new cases. Not yet enrolled in the Support Hub? Contact our Support Team to get started!
Via the Help Center
In addition to having access to hundreds of help articles, videos, FAQs, and QRGs, you can also reach our Support Team right here from the Help Center! Just navigate to the Help Center's homepage, and click Contact Us located under Need Support!
Reach our Support Team
To provide you the best communication platforms to reach our Support Team, we are working to improve the Chat Feature. While Chat is temporarily disabled, please be sure to utilize our current communication methods by either emailing Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-218-9916 opt 2.
Thanks in advance for your support as we can grow in our ability to meet your needs!
OP 14.19.1 (OP 19) is live and provides a new look to your OP software. Along with a new look, functions have been moved for easier access while inside a patient's chart or when on the main OP screen. A ribbon will now be the central hub for all of your OP needs. Almost everything in OP can now be personalized, but all templates, favorites, forms or other lists you have built in OP 14 will automatically carry over with this upgrade. Log in to begin your updated OP experience.
After logging in, you will want to customize what you see on the Main, Well and Sick Navigation panels. See the Personalize OP 19 Checklist for links to how to customize the navigation panels.
Still haven't updated to OP 19? If you are considering OP 19 and are unsure if you are ready for the new update, check out what some of your colleagues have to say here!
OP 19 Webinar Recording
Click here for a recording of the live OP 19 webinar.
New terms will be used throughout the Help Center when referring to items in OP 19. You can learn more about those terms here.
OP 19 Crosswalk Table
Trying to find something in OP 19? Click here for help.
Click here to view the OP 14 to OP 19 Permissions Crosswalk which highlights the View and Edit permissions for specific functions and windows. After reviewing the new permissions, visit the following pages to learn more about the active permissions in OP and ways to troubleshoot:
OP 19 introduces the use of badges across several windows and navigation panels. Click here to learn how badges are calculated.
The following are resources that can be used to acquaint yourself with the new look and feel of OP 19.
|Videos||A New Look for Office Practicum 19 - Video|
|Getting Started with Office Practicum 19|
|Key How To Steps OP 19|
|Personalize the Navigation Panel OP 19|
|Personalize Encounter Navigation Panel OP 19|
|Using Tabbed Interface and Multi-Patient Mode OP 19|
|Customize the Ribbon OP 19|
|Personalize OP 19||Personalize OP 19 Checklist|
|How to Troubleshoot Personalization|
|Getting Started in OP 19 FAQs||A complete list of OP 19 Getting Started FAQs can be found here.|
|OP 19 Enhancement FAQs||A complete list of OP 19 Enhancement FAQs can be found here.|
|Quick Reference Guides||OP 19 Front Desk QRG|
|OP 19 Register a Patient QRG|
|OP 19 Billing QRG|
|OP 19 Vaccine Inventory QRG|
|OP 19 Schedule Calendar Slots QRG|
|OP 19 Clinical QRG|
|OP 19 Provider QRG|
|OP 19 Document Management QRG|
This issue has been resolved with the release of OP version 14.19.6.
OP Practice Administrators, we have received reports of a newly uncovered issue that can trigger the removal of a patient's demographic information if a user tries to delete payments directly from the grid on the Receipts tab of the Billing Center. We are working to close this unintended loophole, but in the meantime you should instruct your billing staff NOT to perform the following workflow, even though the system allows it:
Not Approved Workflow (DO NOT USE)
- Open Billing Center.
- Go to Receipts.
- Expand a Receipt's details and highlight a receipt.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Select Yes in the prompt to Delete Record.
As a result of this sequence, both the Credit AND the patient’s Demographic (Register) records will be deleted. Obviously this is not the desired action.
OP Approved Workflow
Until this loophole is closed, please make sure your billing staff is using the following workflow for deleting receipts/credits.
- Go to Patient Account (F12).
- Select the Patient.
- Go to Credits.
- Highlight the Credit and select the Delete button.
- On the Receipts tab of the Billing Center, select the patient you want to fix.
- Select the Chart button. The system should focus on the selected patient; if not, use the patient chooser to find who you’re looking for.
- Select Credits in the Account group.
- Highlight the desired Credit and click the Delete button there.