Complete a Message Received through Direct Messaging
If using Direct Messaging and receiving inbound messages from external sources, below are instructions on completing the message in OP.
Reconcile a Referral Transition of Care
- Click the Sched button in the Smart toolbar. The Schedule and Practice Workflow window appears.
- Click the Messages tab.
- Click the Unread External tab.
- Select a message in the list and click the attachment found in the reading panel. A Continuity of Care document displays.
- The Item Type defaults to Referral Letter. If the attached document is not a referral, click the dropdown arrow for Item Type and select from the list.
- Click the Item Category dropdown arrow and select a category from the list.
- Click the Save Item Properties button.
- Complete the reconciliation process for a referral following the steps below:
- Click the Referrals tab.
- Click the paper clip on the referral to attach the document. The document reconciliation tabs display.
- Click the Medications tab and reconcile the medication list. This will mark the document as reviewed.
- Click the X to close the Medications window.
|Note: If a referral is not available to attach the document, click the TOC button to create a Transition of Care record.|
- Return to the Unread External tab of Messages.
- Select the Read checkbox to the left of the message.