Updating your 2x Client/Parallels Client is required for Windows-based devices to continue to access OP after April 1st, 2021. The minimum supported Parallels version is 16. If you are not sure what Parallels version you are on, see the Check Parallels Version section below. This update is required due to security reasons in prior versions. On-Premise clients do not need to perform this upgrade. It is not necessary (or recommended) to uninstall the existing version of Parallels Client before upgrading. However, if your device is running the older 2X Client version of Parallels, we do recommend you uninstall that version prior to installing the new version of Parallels. Make sure you know your device username and password before uninstalling. By updating the 2x Client/Parallels, the device will be properly configured for OP's new print solution and OP will be delivering in phases to OP clients. Workflow for the new printing workflow can be found here.
Note: Users must have administrator privileges on their device in order to perform the installation/update. Please work with your Office Manager or IT professional to perform this upgrade if you do not have the necessary privileges.
Check Parallels Version
- Open Parallels Client.
- Navigate to Help in the toolbar, and click About. The Version number is displayed.
- Click OK to exit.
Download the Latest Version of Parallels
- Click here to access the Parallels download links.
- Click the link to download the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit installer. Typically, 64-bit is what is needed.
- If prompted, select Run to allow the file to run.
- Click Next.
- Select the checkbox to accept the License Agreement, and click Next.
- Click Next in the Destination Folder window.
- At the SSO Installation section, click Next.
- At the Ready to Install Parallels Client section, click Install.
- When the Completed the Parallels Client Setup Wizard appears, click Finish.