This article discusses a workaround for updating General Letters, found in OP Reports, where a signature is not displayed. This process uses the OP Reports Designer (which requires permission to access), takes you through finding the bad string-based join, deleting it, and replacing it with a good ID-based join.
Warning: When modifying a report in OP Reports you should always copy the original. Modifications should be made in the copied version of the report and tested. Once confirmed the report gives you the desired output, rename the original report, example: General_Letter (rev 7/31). The newly modified report should be named with the original report name.
- Click Tools on the Ribbon.
- Click OP Reports in the Applications group.
- Log on to the Reports Designer. Your logon must have appropriate permissions to access the Reports Designer.
- Locate the report.
- Right-click on the report and select Design from the drop-down menu.
- Click File then Save As.
- Name the report as your copy, example: General_Letter Copy, click the Save button.
- Confirm you are on the copied version of the report.
- Click on the Data tab.
- Click on the Tables button, the Query Designer window displays.
- In the bottom data grid, select the GRAPHICS line. In the Join Type column click the ellipses button, the Join Table displays.
- In the lower data grid, select the existing Joined Fields item.
- Click the Remove button in the center of the window.
- In the GRAPHICS Fields data column, select the ADDR_ID field.
- In the column to the right, select the P_ADDR_ID field.
- Click the Add button, the joined fields will display in the Joined Fields data grid at the bottom of the window.
- Click OK to return you to the Query Designer window.
- Click OK to save and close the updated report.
- Click the X then click Yes to save changes to your report and return to the OP Reports window.
- Test your modified report.
- Rename the original report, for example General_Letter (rev 7/31) .
- Rename the modified report to the original report name, for example General_Letter.