Path: Clinical, Practice Management, or Billing tab > Patient Chart > Encounters > New Note or Open Note button
Telehealth encounters are charted in the same manner as visits conducted in the practice. However, it is especially important to make sure that the Visit Info is completed in a specific way to drive the correct Place of Service and Modifiers for Telehealth encounter claims. The complete workflow for Charting and Billing for Telehealth Encounters can be found here.
Complete Telehealth Visit Info
- Navigate to the Patient Encounter by following the path above.
- Click Visit Info in the Window Navigation Panel.
- Complete the Rendering Provider field and the Telehealth fields, Provider Location and Patient Location.
Note: Once the Provider Location and Patient Location fields are completed, the Place of Service field updates to Telehealth. Removing the info in one of these fields will consequently revert the Place of Service field back to Office.
This section will introduce the users where the Telehealth information can be documented for an Encounter. The user will be guided through the windows This section is specific to the provider workflow.
- Open the Pending Encounter. If this is not applicable Start a New Note.
- Click on the tab and fill in the information for Telehealth.
- Document all of your findings.
- Click on the tab and select the proper coding for the telehealth visit.