Removing a payment can be done only from the Patient Account. Follow the steps below:
- Click on the Patient Account button .
- Click on the Claims tab .
- Select the claim where the payment was posted incorrectly.
- Expand the claim where the payment was posted incorrectly using the Expand button.
- Click on the Payment to delete. Insurance payments are in Green. Patient payments are in orange.
- Click the Void button .
- Click OK to void the highlighted transaction.
- Void payments will automatically create a corresponding credit for the over payment only if the payment has been daysheeted. These are payments in Black. All current payments (blue) will not create a credit.