We’re excited to introduce the new Document Management system in OP 14.8. These new features replace the Scanning module by simplifying and streamlining all Document Management operations in the new Manage Documents window. The Manage Documents window allows you to input, search, review and edit documents. All scanning functions in previous versions of OP 14 are now consolidated in the Manage Documents window.
The Manage Document window includes the following features:
- The Review Scanned Items and Input Scanned Items windows have been combined into the Manage Documents window, which combines and reorganizes the scanning functionality and add several new features.
- The new Acquisition panel consolidates the functions that were spread out in previous versions of OP 14 among the Menu, the buttons, and various tabs.
- Send Enhancements: There is now a Send button in the Manage Documents window. This allows the end user to send an internal or external message with the document attached.
- Attach Enhancements: There are two Attach-related features. The Attach button in the Document Controls toolbar allows the end user to attach documents to a Diagnostic Test or Referral. The Attach paperclip in the Message window accesses the Search for Documents window from a message so that the end user can search for a patient's documents and select a document to attach to a message.
- Improved review functionality.
- The Scan, Item, and Notes tabs in previous versions of OP 14 are consolidated in the Document Details panel.
- The Manage Documents window also makes it easier to review documents and allows the end user to send internal and external messages.
- Signature Enhancements: After importing a signature graphic using the Manage Documents window, it is easier to link signatures to the Address Book and to attach signature graphics to documents.
- The Scanned tab in the Schedule and Practice Workflow window has been renamed the Documents tab.
Click here to watch What's New in Document Management Part 1 of 2.
Click here to watch What's New in Document Management Part 2 of 2.
Click here to watch Attach a Document to a Diagnostic Test or Referral.
Click here to watch Adding and Removing a Signature.
Click here to watch a video that explains the new print functionality in OP 14.8.
Click here to open the Document Management Quick Reference Guide.